Behind the Fairytales

Behind the Fairytales
© rights to the owner

Sunday, December 30, 2012

10. A sweet song: an invitation masked to Death

  At that same moment, a sweet and melodious singing came suddenly. I marveled at the beauty of the sound and I approached closer to the lake. Subtly, the singing became more clear and loud as the waters were stirred slowly and a dark blue-clad figure emerged from the water to a stone that was near the shore. It was a mermaid, armed with a trident and a silver crown on her head. Apparently, she had not noticed my presence and when I stopped singing and looked at it with several other mermaids emerged from the depths and tried to pull me into the water.
 That first shot the mermaid trident her against me, exactly in the direction of my chest, in my heart right time. I held the trident coming full speed and threw against the creature again, who dodged by a thread being hit. She swam to the shore and I stepped back. Noticing my movement she said:
- Are you fast. A human would not have missed any of my trident, much less be able to hold him before he was hit ... Looking closely, I'm remembering: you're a youkai, right? Prince Sesshoumaru who squandered his powerful poison in the veins that human priestess Kiara, I'm correct?
- This is the first time we met, I did not know anything about your life, but you seem to know a lot of my. Who told you all this?
- I've been watching you ever since my older sister, Rina Shiyuki was killed by you. And I admit that she was wrong to have fallen for you ...

  I tried to find some similarity between them, but they were not like it one bit. One was completely different.
- I mean that Rina was your sister? But you are not like anything.
- You are right. She was human and grief of the family by my mother ... I was the one who supported Rina, because my mother did not understand that she was not guilty for having been the result of a relationship between her and a man and with that she fell in love with you and wanted to be your wife at all costs. She should have been the queen of the mermaids in my place, but with her death I took control of everything.
- My condolences, sorry. I do not have time to waste prolonging this conversation, see you soon.
- Wait! I also have to give their condolences for the death of your wife and you propose something that will surely be of your liking: you can be my husband and also govern the underwater world.

  I looked at her with surprise and said, gruffly:
- My wife is alive and safe in my castle. Even though I was alone I would never accept to live with another woman, even if she was the queen of the waters, so do not talk nonsense.

No comments:

Post a Comment