Behind the Fairytales

Behind the Fairytales
© rights to the owner

Saturday, August 3, 2013

- Second Act -

   It was a weekend of winter. Yuko, Atsuhiro and I were walking near a park that was a few meters from the house of Yuko. Several children were playing with the snow and the lake was starting to freeze. Personally, I've always had vontede to dive in that lake in an era that, however, I'm afraid of dying of hypothermia or worse.
   Yuko and Atsuhiro were doing a mini war snowballs and I was sitting on the bench looking at the lake, which made me stay relaxed somehow. That's when I first saw something coming from the clouds. It was a person. Whoever it was, was falling at an incredible speed. I opened my mouth to tell my friends, however, the person fell into the lake that subtle than I ever imagined. He was supposed to be dropping, you know, more than two hundred quiômetros per hour, surely it would make a loud bang when it hits the bottom of the lake.
    I waited a moment, hoping that the person appeared on the lakeshore, which would be impossible, unless you're with the entire stock of coats of the wardrobe or was not human. I could see the bubbles of oxygen that a person was trying to find the surface. He or she was having trouble, however, the bubbles have been getting smaller and fewer in number until they disappeared completely.
    I even know that person, but I felt a restlessness detroit me. I was supposed to save whoever was there? I'm not sure. Actually I do not even know what I was doing at the time. My thoughts were elsewhere that not the same I know where. Just came back to reality when I felt the icy water of the lake in my skin. What was I doing there? The change from what I was risking my life? It did not matter. What my subconscious really wanted was to save that person's life.
- Shizukka! What are you doing? Atsuhiro, go get it! - Yuko screaming was certainly having an attack to see the madness that I was committing.
   I took a short break and looked back. Atsuhiro did not indicate any sign of who was determined to face the cold water of the lake for me. Yuko could not swim, which meant that my supposed idea should be completed. I put as much air as I could in the lungs and dove. Sometime later, I could see a body sinking and looked like a boy. I got more momentum and was gaining speed.
   Soon, I reached. It was a boy. And very nice by the way. He had black hair and wore black clothes too. He seemed to be my age, maybe a year older at most. Finally I reached. When touched, my star mark began to burn. I thought it was because of the freezing cold water, but the more I approached him more star warming to change color. For the first time I saw my mark change the color silver to red. I was seeing hallucinations or decreased oxygen in my body. I put it on my back and reached the surface. To my surprise, everyone in the park were there, looking at me and the boy who was now coughing probably choking on the lake water.
   We were almost on the shore when the boy puts both hands around my neck and pushes me to the bottom of the water. His eyes were open and I could see a dark blue rancor and hatred against me. But anyway, what was his problem? I was saving him and that was the method to thank? In what world he came? Did I fumbled a suicide attempt? It could stay in the background because I was running out of air. My consciousness was fading slowly and the last thing I saw was a look of horror and guilt in his eyes, trying to reach my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment