Behind the Fairytales

Behind the Fairytales
© rights to the owner

Thursday, December 18, 2014

CHAPTER SEVEN

- You know how much it was dangerous?
   Leigh shrugged. He was there, was not he? Now that he knew it was a hybrid, he no longer feared disasters and human accidents. He looked at the sky. Should be three in the morning. David then approached him and both went home, but each in absolute silence.
- What will you do now, Leigh? - David was the one who broke the silence when they were two blocks from their house.
- What should I do now? Well, now that I know I have a robotic part find it ironic the fact that I'm studying robotics engineering.
- I always said that robotics engineering was in his DNA.
- But not in the literal sense.
- Anyway, this should not affect your life.
   Leigh turned to face him.
- If you found out you were done in a robotics department and had a hard drive and a processor implanted in the brain, what would you do?
- I continue my life as a human I've always been. There are some parts of robots and computers that will make me a machine, unless of course you go for a metal detector.
   The boy could not help a small smile of amusement. David could always make him see things from a good angle, even if it was in a bad situation. However, Holly's memory getting shot and being killed because it was what made it close again. If not for his sake Holly would be alive today.
- Leigh, do not be thinking about it. Surely Holly would not want to see you in this state.
- She's dead, David. Do not use the dead to convince the living.
   David knew it was a phase, but Leigh could be injured seriously until this melancholy phase disappear. Of course all this was not easy to be absorbed by the brain even with a super CPU and a hard drive no one would be able to process and rule out information like that, especially after the memory fragment appeared to him so suddenly.

   Finally they were at home. The phone rang as soon as they crossed the front door. Leigh answered.
- Leigh speaking.
- I want to talk with Dr. David Blake.
   He handed the phone to David.
- David talking.
- Somehow I caught the Leigh's signals. What's going on?
- He found out.
   There was a moment of silence at the other end.
- Bring him to me tomorrow. I have some tests and maintenance to do with him.
- Right.
- Wait. Bring him today.
- But ...
- Do not answer, I can not wait until tomorrow.
   He hung up and grabbed his car keys.
- Will you come out at this hour? It's four o'clock in the morning.
- I'm not leaving. We're going out.
- Where? David, you are going crazy.
- I'll take you to meet the former head of the department.

No comments:

Post a Comment