Behind the Fairytales

Behind the Fairytales
© rights to the owner

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

CHAPTER SIX

  Holly was crying and with a bloody face.
- My baby ... No ...
- Shut up, stupid scientist!
   A shot goes through her forehead, causing a part of her blood dripped on the baby's face.
- Take it.
   A shadow hold the baby in his arms and passes through the numerous shots that were fired at him.
- You'll be fine, do not cry, Leigh.

   Leigh woke up on the floor of Robotics Intelligence Department, but David was there.
- Are you okay.
- My mother ... They killed her, right?
- Did you remember?
- Yes. - He looked at David - And you saved me.
- If I did not do it you would be a soldier prepared to kill right now.
   The boy did not answer. What was what just happened? Why this was happening now? First he could access binary codes, then had great speed and now those memories were appearing.
- David, what's happening to me?
- I said you could get the memories.
- I'm not talking only of memories. I'm talking about binary codes, about my speed. David, I'm sure you know what is happening to me.
- I do not need to tell you anything.
   David got up from the ground and took a laptop and a cable before approaching Leigh.
- What will you do with it?
- Be quiet.
  In Leigh's neck base there was a space for the cable to be connected.
- David, did you connect a cable on me?
- What looks?
   The laptop began showing the Holly's database. Designs, calculations, all he was looking for.
- The database has been downloaded to your hard drive so that you have created.
- Wait a minute ... You helped my mother put a hard drive in my head?
   David left the room and returned with a mirror so that Leigh could see the scars that were under the black hair of him.
- What have you done to me?
- See for yourself. The data are all around.
   Leigh saw that name again: DNA Alpha 20. He accessed the folder again, but this time all the files were there. Every detail, every report, everything was there and he could read and understand.
"There is no way to fail. I finally managed to find the Alpha 19 project failure and certainly there will be flaws in the Alpha 20. Even without the help of Phil, I'm sure that David and I can finally build the first hybrid human in the world. "
- Hybrid?
- Your mother managed to modify your DNA and unite it to attributes that robots usually have. However, she just did it so she never lost you for common human things.
- This does not justify anything. You hid it from me and made me come here looking for something you always knew to be with me. You pretended not to understand what was happening to me when I told you about the binary sequences.
- I'm sorry, but I could not just say it all for you that day. You will not believe me.
   Leigh looked back at Holly's report. "I finally managed to find the project failure Alpha 19 and certainly there will be failures Alpha 20".
- I am the twentieth try?
- Yes. Holly has always had determination to achieve it. And she finally succeeded.
- Do you have anything else to tell me?
   David thought for a moment.
-. No, I think you already know everything. Or everything you need to know.
- You will not hide anything from me.
- All right, all right. - David raised his hands in surrender. - Your mother was killed by government agents as soon as they knew you were working perfectly. They want you to clone your DNA and all your gene pool to create indestructible soldiers and always ready to kill.
- That's why we always change of home.
- Yes. I promised your mother that when your development was completed you finally go back to your real home. Leigh?
   Leigh did not know what to do. He was a hybrid specie, a deadly weapon that is designed to be an ordinary human to satisfy the desire of a lone scientist and he was being persecuted by the government.
- What kinds of computer parts I have, in addition to input devices? - He took the cable off.
- A portable hard drive, but able to record any computer file: a program, a database, anything. You have a super CPU and your whole body go through major electrical discharges than in an ordinary human being. In addition, Holly managed to put nanochips in your DNA, so they multiply. Your vision is partially robotics, allowing you to have night vision and can see anything at a distance of 20 kilometers, equivalent to 12 miles. Holly thought it could be improved, but she never thought of you as a soldier.
- Wow. I feel like a machine gun with multi-functions. A real bomb. Now I understand because I never had any affinity with ordinary humans. I am a machine.
- No. You are a human with qualities of a machine.
- What is the difference? I have an entry for cables connection! I have a processor and a hard disk implanted in my head!
   David was silent. He could not be sure about if Leigh was feeling angry or was simply too disappointed to demonstrate. Anyway, he knew that the boy was in shock and he feared that the electronics components could be submited to any errors.
- Let's go home.
   Leigh got up from the ground, without a word. However, he did not follow David to the stairs.
- Leigh!
   He jumped out the window without looking back. The wind ruffled his hair, but the boy landed on his feet and with feline grace. I'm a machine, he thought, what could happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment