Behind the Fairytales

Behind the Fairytales
© rights to the owner

Thursday, June 19, 2014

☣14. ዞome Ꮥweet ዞome

  The American colonel turned to our colonel, with his gun ready in hand. He seemed upset after Williams runs so cold that way. I noticed the restless movements of my brother, and like others, I prepared to shoot guns.
- Listen, Peter. Let your soldiers out of them, as I will leave my.
- We are in a war, Collins will not let my soldiers resting.
  The enemy soldiers lowered their weapons and began to dissipate quietly, except for the captain, who stood in the same place. Since this was not normal, we remain silently static.
- Are the principles of the New War. - My brother whispered - Come on.
- What do you mean?
- Commanders decide the victory of the country. We took the field only if both die.
- Are dismissed soldiers. The Nation thanks.
  The helicopters were in the sky, with stairs ready so we can go home. I looked at the colonel and he nodded confidently. Johnatan not wait for me and when I looked forward again he was almost inside the helicopter. I quickened my step and felt someone pushing me.
- Come on! Come on! Did you want to stay here?
  Samantha was happy to have survived the first time participated as a soldier in a war like that. I looked in her arms and saw the dog happy and radiant.
- Congratulations. You worked well.
- I can not say the same for you. - She replied, smiling - you always distracted. However, you are a good shooter.
  We were the last to rise, but at least we were saved and ready for next time. My brother was sleeping in a sleeping bag while Samantha and I were each looking out the window the battlefield, and if they dwindled away from us.

  We had arrived at the military headquarters when a messenger appears, euphoric. Johnatan was close enough to hear what they said and motioned for us to be quiet. He was fully focused and he did not seem any reaction, until I saw a frown forming. I did not know how to interpret it to my brother to turn around and look beyond where we were.
- And here I thought I would get rid of you, old man.
- From me you will not get rid of so easily.
  The colonel was back, visibly tired and scratchy. A shot had hit his leg, but was already bandaged. Another wore military clothes, but was clean. How long should he be back? Well, that meant that the UK had been the victor of all this war. Three months of bloodshed for nothing, just for domination.
- Prepare your belongings, if you have some, it will return home.
  None of us had anything to take home, so do not linger to divide in each group for a car. Not many were in the car that would go where my house was. Leon was no longer there, so there were only Johnatan, Samantha and me. There was silence until we arrived in our city, where the remaining villagers were out of their homes and shelters, admrando our return.
  The car stopped and I saw my mom talking to a military agent distractedly, so that not even realize our approach. Johnatan picked her up and spun around, leaving the surprise. When he put it back on the ground, my mother hugged us and did not hide her tears of happiness to see us live and at home again. Samantha was talking with the agent, who handed him an envelope. She nodded and ran home.
- Should I give my congratulations, it's not often that two brothers can return home safe and sound. You are true wonders in full battlefield.
  Thanks with a silent nod of his head and he continued, poking the inside pocket of his coat he was wearing. A few minutes later he had two envelopes equal to that Samantha had received before. There was nothing written on them, unless the seal of the army and the government. Johnatan and I looked at each other, confused.
- The Armed Forces is proud to invite them to join the army, but in the training of new recruits. Your skills will be useful for our young soldiers have a brilliant performance.
  Looked at each other, unsure whether to accept.
- I'll be honest with you; We're not waiting for an answer, but the goodbyes. Let's go back to the capital, where will all of you permanent residence.
  My mother nodded happily. She had already packed up all bags, including ours even before we got home. You could see the joy on her face by moving to another place. Since this was not an invitation, but a concise and direct, calling into the car seconds later. Samantha was entering the other, which was across the street and waved. She was also convened to train recruits.
  People who were in the street cheering us gladly, even with the noise of construction machinery that was redoing houses could capture the enthusiasm of all. I never thought my life would end so after a war. But all this I owe thanks to my brother. Without him, nothing would have happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment