Behind the Fairytales

Behind the Fairytales
© rights to the owner

Saturday, June 7, 2014

☣ 02. ONE STEP TO THE DEATH

  When least expected, was already in the government car being driven capital against the wishes of my mother, and consequently against mine. We were out of my city two hours ago and I could deduce that we were halfway there. Leaned his head on the window to put the thoughts in order. Do not want to think about the despair of my mother when I was dragged into the car. She would not think I was going to replace my brother, who was now dead. Not even want to think about the fact that I was being thrown into a war that was not mine.
  But I was not alone in the car. There were probably two people of the same age as me. One was a blond boy who was sleeping at the other end of the back seat and the other was a girl with brown hair who was watching the picture of her family. I stopped to give some thought to why she was there because it was not fair to launch girls die fighting thugs and bloodthirsty that made the enemy armies. If you did that with Johnatan, could do worse things against it.
- Lost something?
- No, it's nothing.
  It was the first time she spoke to me and I have deduced the reason for her being there. The harsh way she spoke reminded a commander. I turned my gaze back to the window and felt someone poking me.
- I'm sorry. I just do not want to be here.
- It's okay. I think none of us would be here.
  I did not want to talk to anyone. Wanted to be alone, deep in my thoughts. The car made a turn and walked some more until it stops. I turned my attention to where we were. It was something like a headquarters where several young men were dressed and armed guarding the entrance to the car where it was.
  Looked back. The gates were closing. I would not return home, the metallic click made it clear. The car stopped and I was the first one down. We were in front of the barracks, and a middle-aged man was waiting to receive us. He motioned for me to approach and told me to enter. The girl then went along with the blond boy.
  Inside the barracks were several newcomers who must belong to various corners of the UK. All were dressed in clothes and armed officers. The three of us were led to a room where each received a garment equal to the other.
- This was for his brother. I hope you do not mind.
  I shook my head no. Anything that could make me remember my brother would not bother. I dressed quickly because his clothes served me perfectly. There was a mirror there and ended up running into my reflection. I'm a little red, like my brother, but my eyes are blue and his were brown. I looked away quickly and hurried out of there.
  Had barely set foot out of the locker room threw me a belt that weighed at least half of what I weigh along with a Colt Special Series 12mm and a machine gun. I gasped, because it really would be no easy task. Imagining that the enemies are armed also my chances of staying alive were slim.
- I wish them luck, soldiers.
  Some went to war tanks, jets and others for others or want to know. Two army cars had already left and there was only one more, hoping to bring the rest of us to the carnage that was happening outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment