Behind the Fairytales

Behind the Fairytales
© rights to the owner

Friday, June 13, 2014

☣08. SAFE

  An ambulance showed up some time later to take the body of Leon. I admit it was a great loss, for he was fast and threw well. However, it will not do any good crying over spilled milk. Had to work in seven, which meant an extra effort to stem attacks of enemies.
- I still do not believe what I saw.
- It happens, do not be so surprised. The numbers are against us.
- Yes, I know. But I did not expect this on the start.
- Take care not to do the same.
  She punched me in the arm. At least we could relieve some of the tension, but others seemed shaken somehow and seemed to fear to lose control too.

  The day was ending and nothing even of enemies. I had one more day before facing Williams closely and show that I'm not who he thinks. I will avenge my brother, above all, after all would not be punished for it, since we were at war and he was an enemy.
  It must have been early, but I was still wide awake. A pool of blood Leon was still there, but aquiilo little care. My intention was to get out of here as fast as possible.
  Something was pulling my pants and I saw it was the dog. So I got up, he barked and headed east. I was looking to where he would but he stopped and barked louder, expecting me to follow. By not want to draw anyone's attention, quickly joined the mutt - that ran more than I, despite being gaining weight - and ran to join him.

  Walked on average fifty feet in that same direction. Where that dog wanted to take me? Not have to wait long for an answer, because I saw a shadow standing waiting for our arrival. It was that strange soldier, who gave a piece of meat for the dog at work take me there. The beast came out happy and wagging his tail.
- Still have the ticket that Williams sent you?
  I handed the note to him.
- Do not go to him tomorrow. I will.
- No. He made it clear that the problem is with my brother and I will resolve it.
- Your life is precious to be wasted on him. I have no one waiting for my return, so if something happens to me will blank.
  I stared at him, trying to see what was behind the mask. However, his eyes were well hidden so I could see the significance of what he was saying.
- Williams will know that you are someone else, it will only complicate things further.
- Would you trust me? - Realized the angry tone in his voice - His mother does not deserve the heartbreak of thinking that has lost another son! Her illness is painful enough to carry her burden! If you have the least love it, leave it on my own.
  My eyes widened at the same time. How did he know my mother had a disease? No one knew this, unless it was a very close friend of my family that I'm not recognizing. However, I find this hypothesis unlikely.
- How do you know?
- I know his family for several years.
- My mother never mentioned you. And the years preceding the war, I never saw you. You are lying.
- What if I am?
- I want the truth.
  He was determined not to yield. I realized this when he put the note written by Williams in his pocket. From the moment he appeared I realized there was something strange. If he said he had no one to wait for his return after the war, then how could he have known my family? Discaradamente he was lying, I knew that. But why? I am no longer a child not to know the truth. We are in the middle of a war! Any information will not be nothing less than a measly information! We're all nervous wreck in full beginning, so nothing would cause shock. Honestly, I was tired of arguing with someone who only know how to lie.
- Luka Evans, do not you dare turn your back on me. I have not finished talking.
  The shock paralyzed my body. Long ago I had not heard that, and only two people that spoke to me: one of them was my father, the other was my brother. I turned slowly to face him and he was taking off his mask and helmet. I saw the first hairs revealing their colors. Were red, like mine. Yes, I already knew who it was, just needed to confirm looking him in the eyes.
  The mask was in his hands and opaque brown eyes stared at me Johnatan when he shrugged. Temi on approaching me, and for a moment I thought I was going crazy. I grabbed the gun and touched him on the shoulder, then his arm, and finally the forehead. As he was alive?
- Are you surprised?
- I really need to answer?
  He laughed as usual, but again became bleak.
- Now understood my actions? Williams was planning this for days and knowing this, a colleague and I exchanged places. Erick was losing my mind and so we changed position and clothing. When the soldiers of Williams attacked us, took Erick thinking it was me. They decaptaram without even taking the mask off for a conference.
- And what happened to the other?
- He died during the war with one shot. Almost everyone who came to me died. That left just me and Williams in this war. Others, like you, are merely recruits.

No comments:

Post a Comment