Behind the Fairytales

Behind the Fairytales
© rights to the owner

Monday, June 9, 2014

☣04. under the cold sky

- Are you okay?
  Another soldier reached out to help me and only then I realized I was still no floor, shocked by what had happened. I wanted to find the person who had helped me with that enemy. I managed to raise myself and looked around. There was no soldier more than our own army. I admit that we did a good job, which I imagine none of us are familiar with this kind of thing. The soldier who wanted to help me up was still there, I think waiting for a response.
- Ah, yes, I'm fine.
- Who was that guy who helped you? He shoots very well.
- I do not know. I was thinking the same thing.
- Anyway you were lucky. If you had more serious injuries would die because the car that brought us left in the middle of the war and left us here.
- They are just cowards rats.
- We'll have to make do. All are in groups, I suggest you come with us.
- I'll be fine alone, do not worry.
  He shrugged and walked away. I imagine the top are laughing in our face at this hour. We all played in the middle of rubble without water, without food and without any kind of shelter. Apart from everything was starting to cool down and we had nothing to help keep us warm. I looked around and most managed to light bonfires to chase away the cold. The groups were separated from each other by a matter of Vigila area, so we could not be caught by surprise.
  I sat on the remains of something I could not identify in a far away from the other place. My arms were prepared and ready for anything and watched every soldier who was without protective mask, but none of them seemed to be that soldier. Was he in another place even further away? I do not know, but would not look for it.
  A packet of cereal bar landed on my lap.
- Sure you will get there?
  Samantha and that blond kid was looking at me, waiting for my answer. My stomach was growling and my eyelids heavy with sleep, and so I could not be alone. I walked over towards them, eating the cereal bar that Samantha had thrown in my direction. They were roasting marshmallows, as if they were camping. Where they had taken food that I had no idea, but I saw that they had a large stock of water also.
  Each was silent all the time yet to decide who would get to stand guard. One person from each group would be watching the area for three hours while the others slept. I decided to be the first to stand guard.

  Just popping sound came campfire besides our own breaths. It was almost the end of my shift when I hear footsteps not far from where I was. Braced the gun and pointed toward the noise. He was ready to shoot, but it was just a skinny, thirsty dog. I put a bowl of water and some marshmallows and the dog had devoured everything quickly before lying near me. If that innocent animal had escaped, then maybe we could also.

No comments:

Post a Comment