Behind the Fairytales

Behind the Fairytales
© rights to the owner

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

☣05. WE ARE NOT ALONE

  The first rays of light were touching the ground. The fire had been extinguished and only the ash had remained. That dog was still there, barking joyously to wake everyone. For a moment, I thought that mutt would be expelled thence the kicks, but was accepted and became the mascot of the entire team in less than twenty-four hours.
  Rose from the dusty ground in pain throughout the body. After all, sleeping among the rubble was not easy and much less comfortable. I removed as much dust as I could of my clothes when three military cars arrived.
  The colonel came out of it with a team of doctors and nurses. Three ambulances arrived soon after to be able to lead the soldiers who were killed, for no one was seriously injured.
  While cared for our scrapes and cuts, the nurses gave us a bag with two bottles of water, an apple, two bars and three packages of cereal with pieces of red meat, chicken and fish. I guess they must think that it should last for the entire day. Well, as for me I know it can last until dinner time. However, I do not know about the others.
- I'm proud of you newbies.
  The speech of Colonel caught us all off guard. So we were all paying attention, he continued:
- Unfortunately we lost six soldiers during this early, but still the vast majority of you passed with only a few scratches. Know that that attack was just the beginning, so always be alert. However, there will be a slight change of strategy [Egia and you will be divided into groups and sent to different parts of the city. The enemies are gaining ground too fast.
  There were some whispers and murmurs, but fell silent as quickly as they began.
- You are now on 32 Therefore, we will divide them into four groups of eight soldiers.. One group will stay here and the other three groups will be routed to different areas. There is only one country that is attacking us, but several are dominating and slowly. I trust you. The country is relying on you.
  One of the drivers had a clipboard in his hands, calling name by name and indicating to which car should follow. The area was starting to get empty when all the cars were finally closed. It was then that I realized that my name was not called. I was there and seven soldiers. The Colonel and the rest left without saying a word.
 I looked around. Besides me, were still Samantha, that blond kid whose name I still do not know and others I did not know. To me, this situation was indifferent, for I had nothing against any of them and at least we're on land that already knew a little. Sorry for others that will be played in an unfamiliar area.
  A growl drew my attention and I saw that the dog was still there, but growling and barking toward the northwest, where a fighter jet whizzed in the sky, throwing another bomb.
  We put the masks and guns were drawn, ready to shoot. My legs and muscles were ready, ready to run or do any kind of maneuver that was needed in battle.
  Before the dust started to decline altogether, saw the figure of eight soldiers running toward us. Some of our staff have advanced shooting, but I remained where I was, to get a better view of the situation. Soon, I saw that same soldier who tried to reach me. He had recovered quickly and was as fast as before. He dropped out of formation and I lost sight of him, but would not stay there. I took the same course that he, who was increasingly moving away.
- What happened? Are you afraid?
  I started back without giving back to him, because of course I could be dead. For once I could see something in his uniform embroidered in navy blue. Soldier Williams. I could hear the sounds of gunfire. She was near the area where I should be and then decided to stop.
  Williams pointed his gun at me and fired. For just the shot did not hit my leg. Pointed the gun and started shooting, but decided that it would not be enough. I left the gun in one hand and grabbed the Colt Special Series 12mm which was with me. Was granted the fact that the gun was hard to handle and it was a bit heavy with one hand, but I was obliged to strengthen.
  A shot went through my head, but it was not the enemy shooter.
  That same soldier appeared and made Williams ronasse furious at the damaged left hand. Only then I found out he was left-handed.
- This will not stand. - He growled before disappearing.
  The soldier walked away without saying anything.
- Hey! Come back here!
  It was not I who had screamed.
  Samantha was on my side, but started running to try to catch up. A futile effort. He was too fast for any of us.
- Who was he?
- I have not a clue.
- This can only be a joke. - The blond boy muttered - The Colonel said we were in thirty-two! Where did that there?
- He'll have to go back, Leon. - Samantha replied - And only then we will know.

No comments:

Post a Comment