Behind the Fairytales

Behind the Fairytales
© rights to the owner

Sunday, June 15, 2014

☣10. sleepless

  Today was the day that Johnatan would finally resolve the conflict he had with Williams. Wanted very much to have gone along to help you, but I could not. Had clear orders to stay here coming from two sources that I could never disrespect: one was the colonel, the other was my brother.
  With the help of the asian soldiers, the attacks that emerged ended quickly because we were now in greater numbers and could rest more during the night, since there were more people who take turns every night. They showed great people and trustworthy, so that none of us doubted most of them. We were almost becoming a family, but it would be an exaggeration on my part to say that.

  It was my turn of guard overnight in the group where I was. Took turns to two, so that Samantha made the rounds with me. I was thinking of going after Johnatan to know if everything was going well, because until then I had not heard from him, but with her getting custody along with me it would not be easy. Would have to account for what was happening and that was something I did not want in any way. Johnatan promised I would never say that to someone until the war was over.
- What are you thinking?
- Nothing.
- You are too far from Earth.
- It's okay.
- Do you trust me?
  The question caught me off guard.
- If we're working together I have to trust you. Why?
- Because I know you're hiding something from that day's letter and is avoiding everyone. When you showed the other day and said it was recognizing the territory I knew you were lying.
- Let nonsense.
- I'm serious. I saw you follow the dog hurriedly.
  I did not answer. I wanted at least once she stopped worrying about what is happening to me. Her gaze was heavy upon me uncomfortably so.
- You really will not tell me, do you?
- And why should I?
  She did not answer. Maybe I'd hurt but had to think about myself first. I would rather say that than be forced to tell another lie.
- I'm going.
- How so? You can not leave in the middle of the guard! Evans, come back!
  I heard her footsteps hurrying behind me, so I started to hurry. I ran the best I could for her to lose sight of me. However, what I got was a shot that almost hit my arm.
- What is your problem?
- You will not do everything yourself! Moreover, we are a team and we have to work together!
- This has nothing to do with the war nor with anyone. It has to do with my family and no one else. Now do not get yourself into my life and take care of herself.
  She looked down, but I had no time to stand there waiting for her reaction. I kept running towards what I remember to be written on the ticket.
- Evans! Evans!
  I was away from her and could hear the sounds of gunfire few meters ahead. I knew that voice and knew perfectly well that Williams should be angry. That meant Johnatan was alive, thankfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment