Behind the Fairytales

Behind the Fairytales
© rights to the owner

Monday, October 27, 2014

✗ Nineteen

  Axel arrived a few hours later and realized that Raven had not left the bed for nothing. She was sleeping and, truth be told, she was really pale. Her hair was wet, indicating that he had been wrong about her not having gotten out of bed. However, all the groceries that were in the kitchen were completely intact, with no trace of that Raven would have been there. 
   He knew she would not wake her up to make her food. Axel was tired and got to sleep on the sofa. 
   Anyway, his sleep did not last long. When the boy turned, his arm touched something that was on the edge of the couch. He slowly opened his eyes and saw that it was Raven, whose head was resting on her arms and she was fast asleep. Axel rose and gently carried her back to bed. 
- You need not have brought me here. 
- You can not lie that way. Also, I'm disappointed in you. 
- Why? 
- I told you to eat while I was away, did not I? 
- Yes, but I could not. 
   Axel softened the look. Her voice was visibly full of sleep and fatigue, so of no use to continue arguing with her. He placed her on the bed and covered her with the blanket. 
   Before he could leave, she grabbed his hand and the young man realized that it was colder than normal. 
- I'm sorry I left you angry or worried. 
   Her voice had no trace of sleepiness. 
- It's okay, but I do not want that to happen anymore. Now, try to rest. If you feel better, we'll go to college. 
   He kissed her forehead and she fell asleep again. For a moment, Axel felt a monster for making her life suddenly changing like that, but how long can he avoid all this mean? How long the secret would be hidden from Natassia Daewron? And further: how long they would be trapped in these currents, even when broken, make him get stuck with it forever?
   Axel knew she did not deserve to suffer like that, but what could he do? If Raven does not know everything, people like Ashley could hunt her down at any moment and he could not even protect her. That way, she would be safe in the world, but no one could protect her from him. Sooner or later, he would have to choose between killing her or make her immortal so that he could continue drinking her blood without worrying about the end. 
   Even without knowing if she would accept, he had already made ​​a decision: not to become immortal for her to continue suffering from it, he would let her live as a human and then die as a human. 
   What was it then? Axel did not care about that. He knew what would happen to a vampire when Bloodluster died, but he still had enough time to spend with her. 
- It's okay? 
- Yes. What happened? Are you sleepless? 
- I think so. 
- Did you sleep for too long. - He smiled - Sounds like you're getting stronger. That's fine. 
- You seem tired. 
- Maybe a little, but I'm fine. Today was a long day. 
- I can stay on the couch. 
- No -. Axel was left next to her - You stay here. 
   Raven thought about saying something, but deep breathing it indicated that Axel was already asleep. He seemed more comfortable there than lying on the couch. She was not feeling sleepy, so it was silent beside him. Who does not know with any certainty say that he was human. Axel pareica a wax statue, but it was able to conquer anyone. His lips were pink and were slightly parted, but showed sharp and gleaming fangs and his skin looked even paler in the moonlight passing through the curtains. His breathing was regular, almost imperceptible and for a moment she thought if she was dreaming about it. 
   Only a small movement was enough to make him open his eyes. Raven then realized that his sleep was delicate, perhaps because he wants to be always alert to take care of her. The left arm was about her as a guarantee that the girl would not go away unnoticed. As much as Raven had not yet accepted to be Bloodluster him, Axel behaved as if everything had been resolved. Anyway, she did not have much of a choice. Now he depended on her blood for life and the image of his face when he did not drink a single drop of blood that was not hers, so she could not deny. However, she feared what would happen when she died and could no longer give blood to him. 
- Axel. 
- Yes? 
- What will happen to you when I die? 
- This is not important, you should not worry. 
- I have to know. 
- You know that my body can no longer accept other type of blood that is not his, right? 
- Yes. 
- If you die, my body will lose its strength and my fate will starve to death. I will turn to ashes for the rest of my life. 
- Is it painful? 
- Some say yes, some say no. Why you wonder? 
- No reason, just to know what decision to make. 
- I do not want you to change your mind about me. You, as my Bloodluster have freedom to choose what is best. I'm stuck in the past and my destination, you know that. 
   He made her hand touched the scar of black chains on his neck. 
- I'd really like to know how to reverse it, but I do not know. I will have to carry this burden for the rest of my life. 
- I'm so sorry. 
- You have not done anything wrong. Iam the only whou should be sorry; for my sake, you're that way. 
   Small turquoise dots began to appear in his eyes, but Raven knew he was not feeling thirsty: it was only pain and guilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment