Behind the Fairytales

Behind the Fairytales
© rights to the owner

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

➑ Silence

  We stayed the rest of the day in silence , each thinking of a solution to that problem . However , it was useless . Do not know if Luka stopped to think about it , but I imagine as our father must be disappointed. We went down to the kitchen and prepare a soup for dinner and left my brother cashing his suffering in vegetables while I took care of the meat . Do not say anything to each other because there was no conversation that could make the situation look better. The soup was tasteless and I both Luka could not eat more than five spoonfuls . We arrange and store the dishes for then go back to our room .
  While we were climbing the stairs , grabbed me and Luka finally decided to talk. His voice was hoarse from lack of use of the vocal cords .
- And if we found Siegfried ?
  I widened my eyes , carefully assessing the weight of those words . Our father always said he was a dangerous person , and we were more than his descendants , Siegfried never have any feeling for us .
- Are you crazy ? Our father always said that he does not deserve to be in our thoughts .
- I do not care . If he made the blade , it can certainly decide between one of us .
- Luka , you're not thinking straight ...
- Dawn ! Look what we got! We are alone and without any direction and the only person who could guide us it is ! What can we lose?
- Siegfried 's dead ! We are alone !
  Luka lowered his head , feeling like a failure once again. I felt bad for yelling at him, but it is the great reality . It's been decades and sure he's dead . We went to our room , where we stayed silent again . I was pondering the weight of that conversation and my actions on what I did with my brother . As much as that was the truth , I think I should have been more accommodating . Turned upside down and saw him staring at the window .
- Something wrong ?
- I. .. - sighed . I was not good at admitting my mistakes , but Luka could not get worse than it was because of me - forgive me for what I said , should not be so hard on you . You thought of a solution and I thought nothing of it , all I did was discourage you.
- It's okay . Are you a realistic person .
  I knew deep down that he was still upset . Not only the voice showed it, but his gaze was what made ​​me feel more guilty for my actions . Not that he's doing it on purpose , but do not blame you for being so. Luka smiled , but I saw the pain behind that face and attempted a weak smile back. He closed his eyes and turned his back to me , showing that he was tired . Turned off the lights , but could not sleep . The idea of ​​Luka still pounding in my head constantly , but what he said made ​​me Achila also resume reason .
  However , if he really had been murdered , for there was nothing of him ? No skull, no bones , nothing to prove that he had died . Maybe my brother was right and Siegfried was hidden , but could not know . We did not know where Econtra it or even where to start looking, but it was this moment when an idea hits me like a rock . There is a book in our library that reports exclusively about his life and maybe we could find clues and perhaps make Luka owned the Dark Blade .
  I went down silently from the bed and went to the library, where I found the book , which was covered by a thick layer of dust and that made me sneeze several times while he cleaned . The pages were yellowed and the ink was running low , indicating that it was older than that stupid sword. I read several pages until you find a map carefully folded at the end. There was a large map , but showing where Siegfried was the empire of the kingdom of darkness . It was written in Latin, but luckily our father taught us that language fluently .

   I went back to the room and thought about waking Luka , to show you the big reveal , but he seemed extremely tired and disappointed , and would not believe even saw the map . I pulled on my clothes and I wore leather hunter of my boots . Kissed the forehead of my brother , with great regret, I felt like a traitor . I put the map in my pocket and went down to where our weapons were stored . Filled a alijava with arrows and picked up the bow that used to use . I took a dagger , just in case and left in the middle of the cold night . Was doing it for Luka and no one else . Do not want to lose him to something bad as a depression or some other type of disease. My purpose would be to find Siegfried and make him grant the Dark Blade to my brother , even though I had to sell my soul for it . This may seem so sentimental and old-fashioned , but when a person you love is involved , I believe that you also do the same thing as me.

No comments:

Post a Comment