Behind the Fairytales

Behind the Fairytales
© rights to the owner

Monday, February 24, 2014

➐ The dαy of Choose

  I woke up not very willing , especially since the events of recent days have left my nerves in tatters . I looked at the calendar on the wall and tried to put my tiredness because today was the day of our anniversary , the day that Luka would make the dream of it . I think our father would be proud, regardless of which of us was chosen. I looked at the bed and saw that Luka was empty . At the same time , I felt the smell of waffles and bacon and hastened not to miss breakfast .
- Happy birthday to you ... - Luka was humming as she slid my plate of eggs with a thick slice of bacon forming a wide smile . Surely this must be what he was feeling .
- ... On this dear date ...
- ... Much happiness ...
- ... Many years of life .
  We always did this, however , each sang a verse . When the family was reduced to three sang the last verse together and now Luka and I have to take turns . He finished putting two plates with a slice of vanilla cake in each on the bench and we hugged . I felt even a little more lively , for the joy of Luka is contagious . As we finished packing my desk , I could not contain a question that was suffocating me .
- Luka ...
- Yes ?
- Even if you become an experienced hunter shadows , we'll always be brothers , right?
- What kind of question is that ? - He stopped what he was doing and looked at me firmly but tenderly at the same time - I do not want to lose the only thing left for me . We were born together and we die together , that'll never change . Continue here and we are still a family . You continue following his dream and I will continue with my university too, but with the difference that will be officially hunter shadows .
  Let out the breath with extreme relief and his words undid the knot in my throat . He held his little finger at me, as we always did as children.
- It's a promise .
- A promise .
  Our fingers intertwined and we were aware that we could not break that promise . We finished putting the washer and went into the garden , where our parents were resting . We drove a few thoughts of thanks and decided it was not the time to wait . We walked side by side to face our destiny .

  We come to the library and played in one of the walls , which gave in and showed us the steps made ​​of concrete that took us to the basement , where the Dark Blade was saved . Luka took the key and opened the door , revealing the long awaited prize: a sword sharp blade and thick with emeralds and totally black , so that the jewelry made ​​one single piece . I looked at each other and nodded at him . You could see the concern in his eyes , which outweighed anxiety. He opened the glass doors of the closet and grabbed the sword that was sheathed . My brother engliu dry and drew his gun .
  I had never seen such a display of power. The sword seemed alive and young , perhaps because its owner was a young person . A dark green light began to shine and something that our father told began to echo in my mind.
Whoever is chosen will be bathed in a light emerald color of extreme purity , only to be spotted by the darkness of Siegfried in a darker light than the night itself .
  But it was not exactly what was happening and I started to get worried . Luka was also looking stunned , but still hopeful and steadfast . I tried to send as much positivity as I could so that everything happened as planned , however we had a big surprise .
  Luka dropped the sword sharply and saw a burn mark on his palm . I went to render aid , but he pushed me away , shedding tears that I knew were not of pain but of disappointment .
- Luka ...
- What did I do wrong , Dawn ? Answer me !
  I bent down beside him and put her hand on his shoulder. Earlier , Luka did not want comfort , but then and did nothing to keep me away , just stared at the sword , desolate and unhappy for his failure .
  I took the sword from the ground and kept at the hem , but I stopped when I felt my hand being burned . I threw the gun down and saw a wound enrome , proof that I was also not worthy of the sword . It took me a huge weight off my back because I was afraid to take the place of Luka . He also seemed more relaxed .
- And now ? What do we do ? None of us is chosen and our father is no longer here with us .
- I do not know . We have always been confident that it would be you .
  We were looking at the blade -faced fools . What could we do now? Someone had to inherit that gun , but none of us had capacity to do so . We did not know who to turn to , but could not spread this secret . Luka was devastated and bewildered me . It was as if Siegfried were mocking us , laughing at our suffering and our questions .

No comments:

Post a Comment