Behind the Fairytales

Behind the Fairytales
© rights to the owner

Friday, February 21, 2014

➍ Broken Hope

  Luka and I were working as a team has made ​​a few months after that dreadful conversation with our father. He helped me a bit with training and I helped with tasks . Seeing our progress , my father was pleased and praised semrpe us so much that he gave us a free day to do whatever we want . As always , Luka was training and I was just looking because there was nothing else to do.
  It was eleven o'clock and today was my day to prepare lunch , then hurried to the kitchen to start preparing all the time. I was not surprised not to see my brother hanging in the kitchen , but I found it odd that my father not being there. Usually he sat on the bench enjoying the aroma of the food and talking , but this time was different. I felt somewhat uncomfortable and , while waiting the time the oven is finished, I returned to the training room .
- You vui dad around?
- No, not seen him since this morning. Why?
- He has not appeared in the kitchen from the time I was there .
  Luka raised eyebrows .
- Really? He never misses an opportunity to see us in the kitchen . Also, if I remember correctly the scale task , he should set the table , right?
- Yes , but no sign of him .
  He stopped training .
- Want to help?
- I have prepared everything. It would be a great favor if you find Dad.
- I will. Oh , by the way, we will have lunch today?
- Let the curiosity to you later, okay ?
  He stuck his tongue out at me and went to find our father .

  I was starting to get worried . Luka had begun seeking had three hours and I struggled to keep food still hot . I took off the apron and when I was crossing the door, my brother goes pale as paper and trembling like a stick . His eyes were wide .
- Luka , what happened ? Why are you with this guy?
- I. .. found dad.
- So what's the problem? Say at once, Luka ! What happened ?
  He took my hand and led me into the garden , where we had a bed of white roses that our father always took care with much love and appreciation , it was those roses were our only vivid memory of my mother. When we got there , I came across something I never imagined to see in my life .
  My father was lying face down with blood soaked shirt. A knife with details of gold and rubies was near the body. There were no marks of footprints . on grass , no clue who it could have been. Luka looked up and he glared at me with her ​​green eyes .
- You're not thinking that I was able to do this , is not it?
- Of course not !
- Then why are you looking at me like that ?
- And with that guy and you want me to look ? Want me laugh ?
  Luka ignored my speech and approached the body of our father and turned belly up . I covered my mouth with my hands so I saw a large cut on his collarbone. The ring he wore on the index finger of the right hand had disappeared .
- Luka , the ring from Siegfried ...
- I know ... Who could have done this?
- Maybe someone who knew we turned eighteen here three days.
  He was silent , staring at the faint body of our father . Tears streamed from my eyes in silence and not take long for Luka also started crying . We were lost . What would we do here three days?
  
 We kept watch over the body of our father and buried near the rose bush , where rested the body of our mother . What? When it is a hunter of shadows, you can not call an ambulance or the police for that kind of thing . Furthermore , we would have no valid excuse to bury him in a common cemetery.
  We went back inside and come across lunch ready. Looked at each other and we concluded that the best thing to do is to keep the food in the refrigerator , since no one was well enough to put even a sip of water in the mouth . We stayed in the room , each on their side of the bunk bed , lost in his own thoughts .
  I feel a hand holding my Luka , which was suspended in the air . His hand was colder than mine .
- What do we do , Dawn ? - His voice was hoarse .
- I do not know . Still can not believe this is happening .
  He shook my hand as we always did . One consolation in silence . The proof of our fraternal union .

No comments:

Post a Comment