Behind the Fairytales

Behind the Fairytales
© rights to the owner

Saturday, February 22, 2014

➎ Lost

  I woke up startled in the middle of the night with a nightmare . I do not remember how to get to sleep , even when I did that . Was groping the sheets when my hand hits an arm that I recognize as my own . I looked back and my vision soon adapted to the dark, so I got to see Luka with eyes wide open beside me .
- When you get up here ?
- Not long . I heard you thrashing and whimpering and decided to take a peek to see what was going on. When I saw you shaking decided to climb . Is that better?
  At that moment I felt jealous of my brother. He was so skilled at overcoming pain and move on , but I do not . It took me forever to get over that kind of thing . When my mother died , I was more than two years to speak a word and who absolutely helped me get over it was my brother . I admit that without him I would not be even half of what I am today .
  I quickly turned my face so he would not see that I was crying again , but I was not so clever . When I realized my face was leaning on his shoulder and we embraced . This thing reminds me of when we were little : Luka and I always slept side by side on the bottom bunk . Our mother did everything to keep us each in his bed, but I was always afraid of being alone and he was with me . I feel a little embarrassed by it , because I'm a few more seconds old and I should not be so emotionally weak , however , could not avoid. We hugged and silent for a long time until the first rays of sun began to enter our room .
- It will not do you good stand. Our dad would not want to see you in this state . Furthermore , I will not be able to do everything yourself ; need you to help me ... I love you , D.
- I love you and I will only do this because I want you to inherit the Dark Blade .
  He half smiled .
- That 's a start . Let me take care of coffee today.
  Today was the day our father prepare breakfast , but he was not there . We went down to the kitchen and Luka started making pancakes while I set the table . First for four, then three, now only two . I swallowed the lump in my throat and proceeded to put the silverware .
  We sat down to eat in silence . The pancakes Luka were always the best in the world , but today they do not like . I do not know if it was because he was too shaken or because I still was not right for enjoying any meal . I think the second option was the best because Luka ate with gusto.
  Finished eating and while I washed the dishes , dried them and my brother kept . When we were finished , the doorbell rings .

No comments:

Post a Comment