Behind the Fairytales

Behind the Fairytales
© rights to the owner

Saturday, June 11, 2016

XVI

- Dr. Oreans, we'll start today with the annual testing of soldiers.
 After long five years finally I got the title doctor to take care of my family, since I could not do it for my father.
- I'm proud of you.
 Axel smiled, sitting in the chair so I could measure their blood pressure.
- Me too.
 I smiled back at him. Suddenly it was as if everything was a dream, but it was not. During those years I did not think I could smile and live like a normal person, but I was wrong. I managed to overcome all traumas and became stronger. I think that survive a war makes us more alive and wiser, since few survive.
 I did not think I'd see the end and all those changes: the end of South Union, the expansion of the Alliance. A new age of peace and hope. But I saw it all happen and was sure we would see more.
 That war became known as "War of the Lament". Really all the lamentations were large, and the losses as well. However, all this was in the past and had become ashes. Pain, suffering, tears, uncertainty. Everything turned into ashes and merely ashes.

No comments:

Post a Comment