Behind the Fairytales

Behind the Fairytales
© rights to the owner

Thursday, June 9, 2016

XIV

 A soldier enters in the room.
- The President wants the two soldiers back to the office immediately.
- They will be released soon.
 The man withdrew.
- You know what to do. From now on the time runs against us because we do not know how long our soldiers will endure. Be quick and unobtrusive.
 Paul wished me luck and delivered a communicator before leaving first.
- Did someone is in the surveillance room?
- No. Actually, that room is just with the the equipment. The guards are in another room.
- It makes no sense.
- I can not understand too. But be careful: this room, even if it is empty, is also monitored by cameras and anything you do they will know.
 I did not understand why. It was just easier to put someone in that room rather than complicate both that way. Anyway, I would have to find a way to turn off that camera before doing anything.
 I left the medical ward and looked around. There was no soldier even wandering the halls and no camera. Maybe because no soldiers were there often, only the highest political people.
 Follow the path back to find that room. To my surprise, there were security cameras on all four sides of the aisle in order to accurately capture the door of that room and the person who came there. I put my hands in the pockets and turned toward the exit, as they could not get in that way.
- Rena, answer.
- What happened?
- Did you enter into the room?
-There cameras of the four sides of the aisle. I'm thinking about how to disable them first.
- Be careful. From any angle you try they will not lose sight of you.
- I think I'll need to do something extreme, Paul.
- Do not rush. Go back to the medical wing, as if you were feeling ill and change path. Try to follow the camera cables and disable them one by one as soon as I give the signal. I'm with the President in the room where the guards are, so wait for me.
- I will have little time to act.
- Yes. So be quick. Also, we do not have time to waste here.
 I hung up. I turned and ran back down the hallway cameras, putting hands in the mouth and stomach, as Paul had instructed me. I could see where the four cameras wires were and happily followed the ward doctor.
 Making sure to have vanished from surveillance cameras, I continued following the wires, always looking around to make sure I was alone. The wire ended in a panel on the walls where they had five buttons. Certainly the last button was to disable the camera that was inside the room. I waited with my trembling hands and my legs ready to run back to that room.
- Rena, are you there?
- Yes.
- When the count of three, get ready. One, two... Three!
 I deactivated the five cameras and heard the shrill sound of an alarm. I ran as fast as I could and flew until the corridors to get in that room.
- They saw that the cameras are not working, quickly!
- I'm already here.
 Their security system was not as complicated as I imagined. I remember when my father taught us to break into these systems and this was like what the Alliance engineers had built years ago when the Union still dominated.
 I found a CD to record the images. Three minutes of waiting. That could be fatal, since I was hearing footsteps coming from upstairs to downstairs.
- Paul, what's going on there?
- They're looking for the error of the cameras by the computer, but are sending two soldiers behind you. After all, the last person who went through the cameras before they were disabled was you, so be quick or it would fail.
 The time was reduced to one minute.
 Forty seconds.
 The steps of the hall soldiers were louder.
 Twenty seconds.
- Look! The panel was off.
- We need to get him before.
 Chills roamed my pimples. More ten seconds, just ten seconds.
- Rena, when you finish run to the main gate and wait for me. I'm going to the infirmary to tell to Marcus that it's time to run. Let's get out of here.
- It's ok.
 It was finally completed. However, the steps were very close to me. There was not sure to escape unseen. I put the CD in my pocket and looked for the pistol I had brought. Fortunately it was with me.
 I opened the room door and the first thing I saw was a shot through millimeters from me.
- What were you doing there?
 Another shot. This time my cap fell and they saw me.
- It's an invasor!
 I quickly shoot and start running. At this time the hall seemed so long ... I thought I could not get out of there alive with the rain of shots that were behind me.
- Rena, we're here.
- I'm coming.
 I rolled to the right as I walked through the exit to escape from the gunfire, but was hit in the arm I used to shoot. I dropped the gun and pawned my best to reach the entrance, where the two were waiting for me.
- We'll have to climb, everything is locked up because of alarms.
 They were ahead. With my arm like that I was not sure I could climb. However, I would be dead if I did not. It really was not easy, because every time I had to push myself lost more blood and the pain increased.
- Quick, Rena!
 I jumped as soon as I reached the top and rolled, but got up quickly and ran toward the car, that was close. Paul put the key in the ignition and used the top speed to get out before we reached. I looked at the body of Axel and everything was fine. That face ... Yes, it was for him that I had endeavored to get out of there alive.
- Hey!
 I felt a sharp stab of pain in my arm suddenly. Marcus was trying to remove the ammunition without anesthesia.
- Be quiet.
 I could not do anything else. Soon, he could take the bullet off. After having sutured where the shot was lodged, it was as if my arm was brand new, but I knew I could not use the machine gun, but the other pistol that was in the car.

- We're very sorry, sir.
- You are truly incompetent. However, we have something that girl can not ignore. - The President looked at the covered body, feeling triumphant - She will do anything for it, just need to find her.
- What can we do?
- You? Well ... Go to the border between the Western Alliance and wait for them there. - He wrote something quickly and handed it to one of the soldiers - Hand over it and wait for the answer. I want the fact to make clear we are not kidding. Now go.
- Immediately.
- One more thing: Regardless of her answer, bring everything she stole.
- Understood.

 We were still at high speed and not missing a lot to get to the border.
- Paul, I see another car.
- Friend or enemy?
- Enemy.
 He accelerated more and I prepared the gun. However, they did not seem to be willing to attack us on the move. Even if we were in front and accelerating increasingly, they managed to overcome our car without leaving any trace traps or any attempt to block our way.
- What did happen to them?
- Well I wanted to know.
- We are close to the border soon deliver all this to the Chancellor and we will be free.
- And what will happen to the South Union?
- Who knows? The President of the Council is a box of surprises.
 A sudden stop almost threw me out of the car. However, I saw that same car stopped exactly at the border and two soldiers were out, one with a piece of paper in his hands. Certainly they were waiting for us.
 When Paul went down, they pointed to me and made mention to me to approach too.
- Please take care of his body.
- Do not worry.
 I approached, gun in hand, not knowing what to expect. The soldier held the role for me, I read with Paul.
"Rena Oreans,
You stole something from me and I want it back immediately. Nothing you do can save your precious country of the penalty Council, so I suggest you give up and delivered what took for my soldiers.
Needless to say that the body of Axel is with me and I know exactly attachment size that you feel for him. For this reason, if you do not give me everything, absolutely everything that is mine, I will burn the body of this boy without the slightest pity.

I want an immediate response and will not accept changes. "

 I did not need signatures or final considerations to know it was that man. The soldiers were looking at me, waiting for an answer. However, they did not expect was the Paul laughs uncontrollably access.
- What is grace? The girl can put everything to lose because of that soldier.
 He wiped a tear, the result laughter.
- And you will take to answer, Rena?
 It was obvious that I would soon respond.
- I will not return anything.
- I hope you know we're not bluffing when it.
- I know, but I did not put my life at risk and then surrender.
 They seemed surprised.
- This is your final word?
- Yes. I do not regret.
 The other soldier was with a mobile phone in hands and dialed a number, activating the speakerphone so we could hear what was going on.
- What is the final word?
- She denied.
- I hope she does not regret the consequences.
- She says not regret it, sir.
- Great. I'll have to burn his body immediately.
 The President was silent, but the connection was still active. I heard the sound of wheels sliding across the floor and steps. Someone opened a bottle and poured some liquid on the body and then a match was scratched.
- You hear that, Rena Oreans? Say goodbye to your brother for the rest of your life.
- If you feel happy with it. - I replied in the distance.
 I heard a growl coming from him and the connection ended. One of the soldiers whistled and the two who were in the car went out armed, each holding the gun to Paul and me.
- We have no time to waste with you. It's all over here.
 Paul and I throw against them, but not to kill them. One way or another, no soldier was guilty of what was happening and did just that they could no longer use the weapons so we could overcome the border and find the Chancellor.
 We ran to the car and Paul drove to the Parliament.
- I hope it's important, soldiers. I have a big problem on my hands.
- I think we can solve this problem.
 I gave the CD to the Chancellor, whose expression softened and seemed happy and relieved.
- How did you get that? - By the time he had not noticed in our clothes - You are crazy.
- And yet, we did it.
The Chancellor smiled and looked at me.
- You got this?
- With Paul's help.
- You remind me very much your father. It's a pitty that he died that way.
 For a moment I was shocked that he knew what happened. Moreover, the fact that he knew who I was.
- What happened? Ah yes. You may not remember, but your father brought you and your brother here when you were younger ... Speaking of which, where is Axel?
 I could not stop myself. I looked away when he asked that question.
- The Southern Union placed several lies in his head and then ...
- I understand. Well, death no one will be a waste. I'll take this to the Council now.
- You should be careful. The president of the Union is crazy looking for this CD.
- Do not worry about me. I am grateful for what they did and I'm sorry for making you run so many risks.
- It is our duty. - Paul responded with more pride than usual.
 The Chancellor said goodbye with a nod and got into the helicopter. What would we do now?
- We will follow him to the ground.
- What?
- It is not safe. Not while he's away from Council.
 We followed the helicopter of the Chancellor
- We should not take so long to arrive. Rena, take care of the surroundings. That man certainly will not rest until recover the recordings.
- It's all right.
 I took the gun and was going through the sunroof when I hear Paul talk to someone.
- How long will you continue sleeping?
 I looked around. We were all awake, except for the faint body of my brother lying in a rear seat of the car.
- Paul, with whom you are speaking?
- It is not obvious?
- I'm sorry, but no.
- It will not help, Paul. - Marcus intervened - The effect of the anesthetic will take a while to pass, be patient.
- Anesthetic effect, is it? We will see.
 Okay, that to me it was as if they were speaking in some foreing language, because I could not understand. My brother was dead, no use doing anything. And what kind of anesthetic was that? The conversation of course they knew something I did not know and it certainly has to do with Paul's smile before entering the enemy's base.
 The car stopped and the back door opened.
- Marcus, can you take over? I'll wake this "princess" now.
 We continue to walk, but I was afraid that Paul would do with my brother.
- Come on, boy. You've done your sister to despair for long. We need more a soldier here, or else things will be difficult for us.
 He remained still, without moving a muscle. It was true that the body of a dead person would not last so long and Axel was still with a little pink lips, as if he were really asleep. Angry, Paul took one of the bottles of water we had and turned on the face of my brother.
- That's a real waste, Paul!
 I had to hold tight on me sunroof not to fall. It could not be true, he should be dead ... ... I heard the hoarse voice on the communicator.
 Axel sat and choked because of the water.
- You're right. However, you overslept.
He looked sleepily because of the anesthetic. He was alive and well, that was what mattered to me. Tears ran down my face without my noticing, and seemed to fall on his face, he looked up with eyes half closed for clarity.
- Rena.
 With some difficulty Axel managed to get up and go through the sunroof to join me. He wiped my tears smiling and kissed my forehead.
- I'm sorry to bother you. I did not see another way to make you continue the war.
- I must also apologize for making you hurt.
- It's all right. - He showed the wound where he had been shot. I was being healed slowly. - What do we do now, captain?
 Paul handed my gun to him.
- Be assured that there is no sign of the Union there. Looks like we will not take to get to the yields of the Council.
 Axel looked at the floor and I looked at the sky. There was no sign of the enemy so far. The helicopter Chancellor was decreasing, which meant we were close. Which left me with a bad feeling was the fact that the Union was too quiet

No comments:

Post a Comment