Behind the Fairytales

Behind the Fairytales
© rights to the owner

Monday, August 18, 2014

☓ 13. It's now or never

  Kristie had exactly one week to choose it would go to Oxford or throw the chance for change her life completely out. The classes's going to begin in nine days, but had a week to find somewhere to live to stay near there. A part inside was eager to start preparing everything, but the other part - that was dominant over her actions - did not want to abandon everything that was here, did not want to abandon the last memories I have of Aiden, after all, everything they spent together happened in this city, where they were born and grew until now. 
- What would you do? 
- Me? - The question caught him off guard. 
- Yes, what you would do if you were me? 
- I would take all my bags and would call all the hostels, pensions or anything like that to stay closer to the college. Even losing someone important, I have to think about me, after all I'm still alive and I have to live every second of my life as if it were your last. 
- Even if that would make you stay away from all your memories? 
- I would not stay away from the memories because they are all stored here. - He touched the head Krisite - No matter the place where I go, the memories go with me. 
 She lowered her head. He made everything look so easy, however when you put it into actual practice, the thing is not as simple as it sounds. The fact that her parents are out of town hindered the situation even more, since she did not know exactly when they would return. Until then, may sesr that the term has ended. 
- I can stand here talking nonstop about my motives, but what I think is different than you think, right? So you have to think about your reasons to go or stay. After all, is not I who will have to stay, on average, four years somewhere to learn something. 
- I do not know what to do; all I did so far was because of Aiden. 
- The problem is exactly this point: his entire sentence or phrase almost all your have to involve Aiden. You have to put that aside and start thinking more about you, I'm tired of repeating this. Who has to know what is good or bad for you are just yourself. No one should decide for you. 
 She said nothing, absorbing completely sincere and true words of Dakota, whose voice carried tiredness, but a touch of softness at having to repeat the same thing without stopping numerous times for a stubborn person like her. Kristie knew that always behaved like a robot when it came to making decisions: she did not think, just did what others would send the fear of losing them. 
- Kristie, it's now or never. The decision of your entire life from now on is entirely in your hands. You do not have much time to think about the matter, I do not think I need to say this. 
- I know that. You do not need to remind me. 
- I see that you are improving gradually, however, could improve even more if you wanted to, of course. I see that you are not a person living in pain and depression, but you are following a path of thorns because you yourself want it. I'm trying tirelessly to show you the shortcuts, but you do not want to follow them. Would you rather continue being hurt by thorns increasing. 
- Maybe because I've gotten used to pain. 
-. No. No one can ever get used to pain, however small it may be. However, I can not stand forcing you to do anything. My job is simply to help you see the available paths and guide you about each of them. Not for me to say which is the right one for you. 
 Kristie looked at the envelope that was on the desk that seemed to beg for a quick decision. Aiden had recommended it to her, but what Dakota said pounding on her mind. Yes, she knew she would have to make a decision. Oxford had always been his biggest dream, however, she had received calls from other universities not long ago and yet many universities were accepting applications. She took a list from inside the drawer and looked at the last names that were on base. 
 Her name stopped on the last name, which was written off byherself on the last day of class. At that time, she never imagined she would enroll at that university, who also had great prestige, however, was not one where Aiden was. She kept the letter and the list of Oxford in the drawer. 
- What are you thinking of doing? 
- I've made a decision. 
- And what would it be? You put the letter in the drawer. 
- I'm not going to Oxford. 
 She thought she saw a hint of disappointment in the eyes of Dakota, but he did not show very well. 
- I still have time to try to join the University of Cambridge. 
 His expression was confused, with a mixture of pride. 
- Why this decision now? 
- I guess I have to start taking care of myself. Oxford was not really my dream, but attending the same university that Aiden would attend. Now he ... Now that he is no longer here, I'll try to look for other places where I've never been yet. Cambridge is my last chance. 
- What are you waiting for then? Your time is coming to an end. 
 Aiden would be proud to see that she was beginning to take its own steps after nearly two months immersed in loneliness and depression. Gradually Dakota saw that his work was beginning to reach the end of the way he was expecting. View Kristie walking around the house looking for papers was gratifying because all he was doing was working. Without her noticing, everything would return to normal. 
- Where are you going? 
- I have to take it to the post office, do not you think? Letters are not sent alone. 
- Need some company? 
- I'll be fine. I take care of myself. 
- Finally you are growing. 
- All this for you three never gave up on me. 
- None of us did anything. You took the first step to heal, which is to accept help. A person can not change the other, unless the person wants to be changed. 
- Do not waste time, go to deliver this letter. 
 She ran up the stairs and shut the door quickly. The window, Dakota could see the girl running with the letter in her hands and a hopeful smile on her face. Every step she took, the more he felt that his work was coming to an end. Krisite was ready for the world again, just as requested.

No comments:

Post a Comment