Behind the Fairytales

Behind the Fairytales
© rights to the owner

Thursday, January 8, 2015

♕VI - the darkest side of me

  The forest seemed to grow darker as I progressed. I was uneasy with what the woman had told me, but the real Bridget told me to forget it and that it wasn't the Vincent Baskerville we were looking for. It could be someone else or just the woman would not let me find his mansion.
   A subtle way was showing up and I saw a figure at a great distance from me. Something in my head said to be Vincent, so I kept following him to see it go into an even better mansion than one in which Bridget lived. I thought about knocking on the door or just wait for him to leave, but I saw that an employee was leaving there and realized my chance.
- Excuse me.
   The employee looked at me, a little impatient.
- Is this the duke Vincent Baskerville's house actually?
- Yes, ma'am, but he does not like visitors.
   He did not wait for an answer and I went to the door, without thinking about what the employee said about it not like visits. Took a deep breath and knocked on the door, a little hesitant.
   No one answered.
   I decided to hit back a little stronger in the hope that they could hear me.
  The silence was absolute.
- Vincent! It's me!
   The door opened at once and I saw him with his shirt open halfway. I do not want to accept, but he was even more beautiful, as if he could not be such a person in this world.
- Did you run away again? What are you doing here?
   He closed the door behind him and looked at me, waiting for an answer.
- Before I answer, a peasant told me that your fame is not very good here.
- What? - He seemed surprised.
- The woman told me that you often deceive the girls to marry them and then kill them to stay with the wealth of their family. In fact, she told me that you did this to her daughter.
- No, not me. It was my brother, but he is already dead.
- You had a brother?
- Yes. We were twins, but no one knew it. This way, everyone knew only Ethan Baskerville and never knew he died, making everyone think that I am he.
- Can I See. Why do not you say that to someone? It's not fair people judge you in the place of his brother.
- I do not care about anyone else after I found you. - He paused - Now you will answer me what I asked earlier.
- I can not stay there, it's like a prison. I have no freedom at all.
   He looked at me at length and opened the door of the mansion.
- Come On. I think I can not just take you home.
   Bridget was stirred in my head, as if this were the real her plan and not the search for the  Vincent's secret. He led me to his room and shut the door.
- You know it was a serious and irresponsible act, is not it? When your father finds out ...
- Vincent, can I ask you something?
- What you want, but I do not guarantee that I can respond.
- You healed my wounds yesterday, didn't you?
   He frowned.
- Why do you think that?
- I could see in your eyes that you were practically absorbing my pain while you were touching my wounds and today I woke up completely healed, as if none of it had happened before.
- Yes, I did.
  I knew it.
- How?
- I can not say. But you are free to discover it by yourself. Sooner or later you will discover the darkest side of me.
- What are you talking about?
- It's nothing, you should not worry about it now. We worry about what will happen when they find out you ran away.

No comments:

Post a Comment